Well, it's 2020 and you are still paying full price for your dental supplies. Go ahead and put an end to that now by signing up for our free dental supply discounts club today.
Buying Dental Supplies Online
With so many places to buy dental supplies and equipment online how do you know where to look? Finding the best dental supply company for your practice takes time. You have to shop around, find the best deals, even amazon offers dental supplies now (not that we would use them). Finding good deals online isn't like searching thrift store racks for that limited edition Tommy Hilfiger shirt, there's no second hand here. You can get the exact same products you are paying for now just at discounted rates.
Not only do dental offices save money buying supplies online, but they also save time. It's' much more convenient for office staff to plan and purchase everything they need from one location.
We get it, you've had a "guy" that takes your orders for years. The thing is that guys also get a cut on your supplies... but for what, simply placing the order?
Switching from ordering supplies over the phone, fax, email, or carrier pigeon doesn't have to be scary. Sure there are things you need to look out for, such as discounted dental supplies, but buying dentistry supplies online is the answer many practices need to decrease costs so you can keep your money in the bank where it belongs.
This guide will help you understand the ins and outs of buying dental supplies online.
What Are Dental Supplies?
Hopefully, you already know the answer to this, if so jump ahead. For those of you that are new to the industry, when we refer to dental supplies we aren't just talking about floss or toothbrushes, dental supplies include everything your dental office needs to operate. That includes things like latex gloves, bur blocks, disposables like bibs and cups, probes, scalers, heck even the printer paper!
Making sure you have the proper dental supplies to keep your office running is essential. As a dentist, dental assistant, or office manager, you know how expensive buying supplies can be. Especially if you overstock or pay too much. In fact, the average practice spends about 8-15% of its expense budget on supplies.
You shouldn't pay full price for your supplies when you can save up to 23% annually for free. Just sign up here.
Online Dental Supplies & Equipment
It's so nice to discover how easy minimizing your supply costs can be. Ordering online is a streamlined process that keeps your office stocked with top quality products the patients will notice. You gotta be careful when choosing a new dental supply company, make sure you take a look at the pros and cons to make the right choice for your dental practice.
Pros of buying supplies online
- You can get deep discounts on dental supply and equipment costs.
- The streamlined process makes ordering easy for your staff.
- Online distributors often offer great deals that you can't find otherwise.
- Wholesale & Bulk supply ordering helps your practice run efficiently.
- The convenience of being able to buy everything you need from one place.
Cons of Buying Supplies Online
While buying from a representative can be time-consuming and frustrating (you might not realize it now, but trust us... it is), that doesn't mean there aren't cons to both sides.
- Secondary marketplaces like Amazon or eBay can have discounted prices but also lack any real quality control.
- Not knowing where you are buying from can result in low-quality products you don't really want to use.
- Sometimes online suppliers will discount products that have defects. It's important to buy from places that don't offer quality based discounts.
Some of these cons are a stretch but we wanted to be fair. The truth is, buying supplies online, especially through trusted high-quality suppliers is the way to go, there's very little downside.
Where to find dental supplies online
We created the Private Dentist Buying Club so that private dentists can get the same discounts the nonowner operated chains with hundreds of locations enjoy.
Our savings club is a free to join the dental group purchasing organization. It doesn't cost you a thing to join and save, and the more dental offices that join the cheaper the rates for everyone!
If you prefer paying full price or just want to look around on your own there are a number of places to find dental supplies online. You'll wanna follow a few basic guidelines to ensure you only order from the best.
- Review the top brand websites: If you check out your preferred dental supply companies many of them will recommend places to buy online. Occasionally they will have sales or discounts you can take advantage of.
- Shop Around: It's okay to use search engines like google to find the products you want. Just make sure to research the websites you find and make sure they are reputable.
- Find Reputable Brand Alternatives: You probably have your favorite brands, we know we do, but there are often similar quality products to be found at lower rates. Don't be afraid to research alternatives.
- Purchase Wholesale: Wholesale dental supplies purchased in bulk will ensure you save money and you also won’t need to buy as often. Find websites that offer your favorite brand or brand alternatives in bulk and keep your office stocked at a low price.
What to consider before you buy: A few helpful tips
When deciding to buy online you'll want to take a few things into consideration.
- Paying attention to your supply levels and keeping great records of your stock will help you anticipate supply needs throughout the year. This helps you make sure you don't over or under order at the wrong times.
- Using easy ordering websites like ours can provide ease and convenience. However, if you order from a site that isn't established it can end up wasting a lot of time. Only order from websites that are easy to use and have a simple process for letting you order what you need.
Get your team on board with ordering supplies online.
The worst thing is running out of something that you need and having to place a last minute order with overnight shipping. Yukk. To help ensure that doesn't happen, create a process for your entire team to follow that helps them notice and report when an item is close to out. Make sure everyone knows the process and is able to work cohesively to keep your office properly stocked.
The final word on buying dental supplies online
When you run a busy dental office, buying supplies and making sure you always have what you need should be easy. That's why we created the private dentist buying club, the free to join dental supply savings group.
If you haven't already, switching over to buying supplies online is a great option.
You'll save money, time, and increase that bottom line.
As long as you buy from reputable sources, do your research, and are willing to try brand alternatives, you'll be on your way to a simpler, more cost-effective ordering process.